Would you like to apply for a scholarship? Don’t know where to start? In this case this information is given specifically for you. This article will help you to write a winning essay that will ensure your success!
So, you have finally chosen a few opportunities to assign for a scholarship. The next step is to fill in an application form and, most importantly, write a breathtaking essay. Why does it have to be so good? Well, it is the main part of your application. I know, many students find writing an essay about themselves especially difficult. They simply don’t know what to write. In fact, they are so afraid of writing it that they often don’t apply at all and come up with an excuse like, “I was unlikely to get it anyway.” To help those students, I shared some simple rules for scholarship essay writing. Follow them, and you’ll be able to create a perfect statement about yourself.
- Scholarship essay is quite similar to a personal statement. Like an admission essay for a university, it is written to show the specific strengths of the applicant. If you are a student, you must be familiar with the form of writing this type of paper. All you need to do is to substitute information about university with the one about the scholarship.
- Start writing by carefully reading an essay question. Make sure you understand it properly. Then write down all the ideas that come to your mind. Try to organize them logically. Create an outline that will include all the things you are going to write about.
- Remember that the judges want to get to know you through your life experience. Give them concrete examples of your achievements. This is the time for bragging, but not too much. You need to write something that will make you stand out from the crowd. Talk about your goals, plans and mention some qualities you would like to develop.
- Organize your essay in the following form:
- Introduction: an opening story of why you have chosen to study your major, what inspired you and so on.
- Career goals and how you plan to achieve them. In this paragraph, it is good to mention all the experience you had taking part in different volunteering programs and/or internships.
- Your personal background. Here you need to provide information on why you are the right student for this scholarship.
- Why do you apply? Explain to the judges why they should choose you among all the applicants. Emphasize the positive influence this scholarship will make on your life.